Bf

Home  \  Forums  \  General Talk  \  Bf
Once123
when messuring your BF%

Is the water retention messured as bf ??  

13 Dec 2005 02:52

Smallguy
as far as I know yes  

13 Dec 2005 03:24
AMERFOOTBALL
yes it would. e.g.--for hydrostatic weighing, you are weighed dry first. lets say you weigh 200lbs dry and you have a lean mass of 170lbs then you would say that 85% of you is lean mass. but the remaining 15% is anything not heavier than water. (notice i said not heavier than, NOT lighter than) you could say this person is 15% bf but in reality probably less because of water. I will have a definitive answer for you tomorrow when i get back to my friends at the local university.  

13 Dec 2005 04:02
cupcake
[QUOTE=Once123]when messuring your BF%

Is the water retention messured as bf ??[/QUOTE]

I was about to ask "how can I measure my bf%". Could anyone help me?
Thanks.  

18 Dec 2005 08:59
Smallguy
[QUOTE=cupcake]I was about to ask "how can I measure my bf%". Could anyone help me?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

skin calipers or a scale

the scales are pretty inacurate

skin fold calipers can give an accurate reading the more points ur measure the better but it takes practice  

20 Dec 2005 05:32
jimbo
mygym has a like electric one that messaaure it all, it sends liek shocks threw ur body and stuff  

21 Dec 2005 01:03
Smallguy
[QUOTE=jimbo]mygym has a like electric one that messaaure it all, it sends liek shocks threw ur body and stuff[/QUOTE]


those are horriably inaccurate because hydrastion levles effect them quite a bit  

21 Dec 2005 03:09

Login   or  Signup to comment